The KING of all dishes! You can never have enough with fried chicken. There is just something amazing about sinking your teeth down into that crispy, crunchy coating and into the juicy, tender flavorful meat. While we all are guilty of obsessing over KFC’s fried chicken every now and then, there are different versions of this masterpiece available everywhere. But what if you could make this scrumptious fried chicken using Ashley Que’s recipe?
Yes it is very possible to satisfy your fried chicken cravings with a very simple recipe, straight from our kitchen.
You will need a electric pressure cooker if you want to do it our way. We use InstaPot electric pressure cooker at our restaurant, which really makes our job easy and cooks healthy food.
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Salt- As per taste
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne (for additional flavor)
- Hot sauce- 1/2 cup
- Chicken pieces- 8 thighs ideally
- flour- 1 cup
- Cornstarch- 2 tablespoons
- Hot sauce- 1 teaspoon
- eggs- 2
- Oil (for coating)
- First comes the brining process, for which you will take buttermilk, salt, paprika and cayenne in a zip-lock bag. Mix these ingredients and massage the chicken pieces thoroughly. Make sure it is fully submerged in this brine mixture. After this initial marination, refrigerate for up to 4 hours maximum.
- Drain the brine before proceeding any further.
- Next comes the main seasoning. For this, take a large bowl and put in the hot sauce and the paprika, cayenne, salt mix. You can also add in spices of your choice like garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder etc. Basically, the seasoning depends highly on your choice of flavors. However, the main spices have been listed out. This is your chicken seasoning. Mix well and combine.
- In a bowl, take the eggs and whisk them.
- In another bowl, Take the flour, the corn starch and the rest of the ingredients and spices together. Do this gently and taste the flour to make sure it tastes “seasoned”. This is the flour seasoning.
- Once your done with these steps, it’s time to use the instant pot. Take your instant pot and add in one cup of water. Lay in your chicken pieces in one layer.
- Set the instant pot on high pressure for 6 minutes. ( 6 for smaller pieces, 9 for larger pieces). Close the lid and seal the instant pot.
- After 6 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally followed by a quick release if necessary.
- Take your chicken pieces out, and set them on a baking tray. At this point, your chicken is prepared.
- Next, season your chicken generously, followed by dipping them in the egg mixture. Lastly coat them in the flour seasoning. Your chicken pieces are ready for the oven.
- Set the oven on 400 Degree Fahrenheit. Place your chicken pieces in the oven for 5- 10 minutes maximum. And you are done!
And don’t feel hesitant in trying your own flavors. As long as it’s spicy and has that crunchy layer to it, your fried chicken will be a definite winner. While fried chicken involves frying or baking but with a good instant pot you can make sure that the chicken is fully cooked and has that golden hue to it. After all, it’s the crispy golden skin that makes it such a favorite.