Because who doesn’t like this Italian delight?
Pastas are a worldwide famous dish and for food lovers this saucy, creamy, cheesy fettuccine Alfredo is the probably the most sought after dish that exists. While most recipes turn this savory goodness into a complex, long and intimidating dish, we bring you this easy pasta recipe which is not only quick but highly appetizing.
Unlike the traditional recipe, this one does not involve flour for the thick sauce but features cheese as it’s main ingredient. So if you are a beginner cook and fan of cheesy pasta, this is a must try recipe for you.
Cooking Level: Beginner
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces of Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Boneless chicken breast
- Butter (unsalted) – 8 Tablespoons
- Heavy Cream – 2 cups
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese- 1 and a half cup ( make sure to grate it)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- olive oil- for tossing and “dressing”
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- In a large pot, boil water and add a generous amount of salt to it. Add in pasta and bring it to boil. This is how you “cook” your pasta. Nevertheless, boil until your pasta until it is tender but a bit firm and after straining the water, toss the pasta with oil.
- Cut your chicken breast in vertical thick strips (about a quarter of an inch) and season them with sufficient salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet. add in 2 tablespoons of butter and heat it on medium flame. Once the butter melts, Add in the chicken strips. Cook your chicken on high flame until the underside has turned brown. Cook your chicken fully and until it has attained a overall brown color to it.
- In the same skillet, turn down the flame to medium and add in the remaining butter. Once the butter melts, add in the cream and a dash of nutmeg(optional) and mix it. Simmer this mixture for a good 2 minutes and make sure it gets a bit of thick consistency. This will be the sauce, but don’t over-cook the sauce as once it cools it will thicken on its own.
- Add in the heavenly Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in the sauce and mix well. Add in the cooked chicken strips and cooked pasta and toss well. Taste and add jn salt and pepper (if needed).
And in case you feel that the sauce is too much, then give it a few minutes and you will see the pasta soaking in the sauce. There you have it! the best chicken fettuccine pasta in 15 minutes.