The KING of all dishes! You can never have enough with fried chicken. There is just something amazing about sinking your teeth down into that crispy, crunchy coating and into the juicy, tender flavorful meat. While we all are guilty of obsessing over KFC’s fried chicken every now and then, there are different versions of this masterpiece available everywhere. But what if you could make this scrumptious fried chicken using Ashley Que’s recipe?
Yes it is very possible to satisfy your fried chicken cravings with a very simple recipe, straight from our kitchen.
You will need a electric pressure cooker if you want to do it our way. We use InstaPot electric pressure cooker at our restaurant, which really makes our job easy and cooks healthy food.
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Salt- As per taste
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne (for additional flavor)
- Hot sauce- 1/2 cup
- Chicken pieces- 8 thighs ideally
- flour- 1 cup
- Cornstarch- 2 tablespoons
- Hot sauce- 1 teaspoon
- eggs- 2
- Oil (for coating)
- First comes the brining process, for which you will take buttermilk, salt, paprika and cayenne in a zip-lock bag. Mix these ingredients and massage the chicken pieces thoroughly. Make sure it is fully submerged in this brine mixture. After this initial marination, refrigerate for up to 4 hours maximum.
- Drain the brine before proceeding any further.
- Next comes the main seasoning. For this, take a large bowl and put in the hot sauce and the paprika, cayenne, salt mix. You can also add in spices of your choice like garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder etc. Basically, the seasoning depends highly on your choice of flavors. However, the main spices have been listed out. This is your chicken seasoning. Mix well and combine.
- In a bowl, take the eggs and whisk them.
- In another bowl, Take the flour, the corn starch and the rest of the ingredients and spices together. Do this gently and taste the flour to make sure it tastes “seasoned”. This is the flour seasoning.
- Once your done with these steps, it’s time to use the instant pot. Take your instant pot and add in one cup of water. Lay in your chicken pieces in one layer.
- Set the instant pot on high pressure for 6 minutes. ( 6 for smaller pieces, 9 for larger pieces). Close the lid and seal the instant pot.
- After 6 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally followed by a quick release if necessary.
- Take your chicken pieces out, and set them on a baking tray. At this point, your chicken is prepared.
- Next, season your chicken generously, followed by dipping them in the egg mixture. Lastly coat them in the flour seasoning. Your chicken pieces are ready for the oven.
- Set the oven on 400 Degree Fahrenheit. Place your chicken pieces in the oven for 5- 10 minutes maximum. And you are done!
And don’t feel hesitant in trying your own flavors. As long as it’s spicy and has that crunchy layer to it, your fried chicken will be a definite winner. While fried chicken involves frying or baking but with a good instant pot you can make sure that the chicken is fully cooked and has that golden hue to it. After all, it’s the crispy golden skin that makes it such a favorite.
Because who doesn’t like this Italian delight?
Pastas are a worldwide famous dish and for food lovers this saucy, creamy, cheesy fettuccine Alfredo is the probably the most sought after dish that exists. While most recipes turn this savory goodness into a complex, long and intimidating dish, we bring you this easy pasta recipe which is not only quick but highly appetizing.
Unlike the traditional recipe, this one does not involve flour for the thick sauce but features cheese as it’s main ingredient. So if you are a beginner cook and fan of cheesy pasta, this is a must try recipe for you.
Cooking Level: Beginner
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces of Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Boneless chicken breast
- Butter (unsalted) – 8 Tablespoons
- Heavy Cream – 2 cups
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese- 1 and a half cup ( make sure to grate it)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- olive oil- for tossing and “dressing”
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- In a large pot, boil water and add a generous amount of salt to it. Add in pasta and bring it to boil. This is how you “cook” your pasta. Nevertheless, boil until your pasta until it is tender but a bit firm and after straining the water, toss the pasta with oil.
- Cut your chicken breast in vertical thick strips (about a quarter of an inch) and season them with sufficient salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet. add in 2 tablespoons of butter and heat it on medium flame. Once the butter melts, Add in the chicken strips. Cook your chicken on high flame until the underside has turned brown. Cook your chicken fully and until it has attained a overall brown color to it.
- In the same skillet, turn down the flame to medium and add in the remaining butter. Once the butter melts, add in the cream and a dash of nutmeg(optional) and mix it. Simmer this mixture for a good 2 minutes and make sure it gets a bit of thick consistency. This will be the sauce, but don’t over-cook the sauce as once it cools it will thicken on its own.
- Add in the heavenly Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in the sauce and mix well. Add in the cooked chicken strips and cooked pasta and toss well. Taste and add jn salt and pepper (if needed).
And in case you feel that the sauce is too much, then give it a few minutes and you will see the pasta soaking in the sauce. There you have it! the best chicken fettuccine pasta in 15 minutes.
We have just started a blog section and we will be sharing awesome pressure cooker recipes with you on this blog. You know, we love pressure cooking and we are going to share a healthy recipe of “meat with carrot and ginger,” which I cook easily using my pressure cooker. This recipe won’t eat a lot of your time and you can easily make a restaurant quality delicious meal at your own home. Your guests will be definitely enjoy it to fullest and would keep asking for more.
Without any delay, let’s get started.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) diced steak meat
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 14 oz (410 g) canned tomatoes without wringing
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) celery salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 l) black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (110 g) molasses
- 1 cup (250 ml) broth
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (75 g) raisins
- 1/2 tbsp (2 ml) ginger, peeled and grated
- Place the meat to soften in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes over medium heat, then turn off the heat and wait for all the steam to come out of the pressure cooker.
- Carefully uncover the pressure cooker when making sure there is no more steam.
- Drain the meat and reserve the broth.
- In a skillet place the oil, heat it a little, add the meat, add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- On medium heat put tomatoes, with their juice, onions, celery salt and pepper. Stir to combine. In a small bowl combine vinegar, molasses and broth. Add the vinegar mixture to the casserole, mix well and let it boil until the meat is soft, incorporate carrots, raisins, and ginger.
- Cook until the carrots speak.
- Serve hot with white rice.
Your tasty meat with carrot and ginger is ready to serve. Garnish it to make it look even more beautiful so your guests can enjoy it completely.